What happens when they do a post-mortem

IdeaGenius

"I'm trying to understand what happens when they do a post-mortem. Can anyone help me out? What is the procedure? What type of information is gathered and what happens with it afterwards? I'm hoping to learn more about the process, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
A post-mortem is a review of an event or process that has already occurred. It is often done after a project or event has ended to identify what went well and what could be improved for the next time. The post-mortem is typically conducted by the team or organization involved in the event or process. It is an important way for teams to learn from their experiences and successes, and to plan for future improvement.

Post-mortem reviews are an important part of any project or event. They provide an opportunity for teams to reflect on what went well and what could be improved. During a post-mortem, teams should identify the positive aspects of the event or process, as well as any potential areas of improvement. This will help teams to better plan for future projects and events, and to ensure they are successful.

Subtitle: Post-Mortem Process

A post-mortem process typically includes the following steps:

1. Identify the event or process to be reviewed.
2. Identify the stakeholders involved.
3. Identify the goals and objectives of the event or process.
4. Identify the successes and challenges of the event or process.
5. Identify the lessons learned from the event or process.
6. Identify actions to be taken for improvement.
7. Prepare a summary report of the post-mortem findings.

Subtitle: Benefits of Post-Mortem Reviews

Post-mortem reviews are an important way to improve the success of future events and processes. They provide teams with an opportunity to reflect on what went well and what could be improved. Post-mortems can also help teams identify areas of improvement and take action to make sure they are successful the next time. Post-mortems can also help teams to identify areas of best practice that can be replicated in other events or processes.