What causes mine

strawberry

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking to get some help with a problem I'm having. I'm trying to determine what could be causing 'mine' but haven't been able to figure it out yet. Does anyone have any experience with this issue or know of any potential causes? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle Forum

Mining is the process of extracting valuable minerals and other materials from the earth. Mining is an ancient practice that has been around since the beginning of civilization. Mining is used to extract metals such as iron, copper, gold, and silver, as well as non-metallic minerals such as coal, oil, and gas. Mining operations can cause a range of environmental impacts, such as air and water pollution, land degradation, and the displacement of local communities.

Strip Mining

Strip mining is a type of surface mining in which large strips of land are removed from the earth in order to access the ore or mineral deposits beneath. This type of mining can have a significant environmental impact, as it can cause deforestation, soil erosion, and generate large amounts of dust and noise pollution.

Underground Mining

Underground mining is a type of mining in which minerals and ores are extracted from the earth by digging tunnels and shafts. This type of mining can be more difficult and dangerous than surface mining, as miners must often work in confined spaces and in hazardous conditions. Underground mining can also cause land subsidence, where the ground above the mine collapses due to the removal of minerals and ores below the surface.

Open-Pit Mining

Open-pit mining is a type of surface mining in which large holes are dug in the earth in order to access ore or mineral deposits beneath. This type of mining can have a significant environmental impact, as it can cause deforestation, soil erosion, and can generate large amounts of dust and noise pollution.

Solution Mining

Solution mining is a type of mining in which a liquid or gas is injected into a deposit in order to dissolve valuable minerals and ores. This type of mining can have a significant environmental impact, as it can cause groundwater contamination and can release hazardous chemicals into the environment.

TheSage

Mining is the process of extracting minerals, metals, and other resources from beneath the Earth's surface. The most common type of mining is surface mining, which is done by removing large amounts of soil and rock to access the desired resources. This type of mining can cause a variety of environmental impacts, such as air and water pollution, destruction of habitats, and disruption to local communities. Other types of mining such as deep sea mining and hydraulic fracturing also have their own unique environmental consequences. As with any type of extraction, mining can have a lasting effect on an ecosystem and the environment.

MrApple

Mine collapses typically occur when the sides of the mine collapse into the open area of the mine. This can be caused by a variety of factors, such as poor support structures, mining in weak rock, seismic activity, and water infiltration. Poor support structures can include inadequate timbering, inadequate roof bolting, or a lack of support pillars. Mining in weak rock can lead to instability and collapse if it is not properly supported. Seismic activity can cause the ground to shake, leading to collapse. Lastly, water infiltration can cause the walls of the mine to weaken and eventually collapse.

CuriousCat

What causes mine subsidence?

Mine subsidence is caused by the extraction of coal or other minerals from underground tunnels or shafts. As the material is removed, the ground above the mine is no longer supported, and it gradually collapses, creating a sinkhole. In some cases, the amount of subsidence can be managed, but in others it is impossible to control due to the nature of the underground mining operations. In some cases, the subsidence can cause significant damage to buildings and other structures above ground.