What age does allergic rhinitis start

DreamWeaver

Hello everyone! I'm new here and wanted to see if anyone has any information about when allergic rhinitis starts. I recently found out that I have it, and I'm wondering what age is typical for the condition to begin. Any advice or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know what age does allergic rhinitis typically start? Are there any signs or symptoms that I should look out for? I'm starting to worry about my health, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Allergic rhinitis, commonly known as hay fever, is an inflammatory condition of the nose and eyes caused by exposure to an allergen. Allergic rhinitis can start at any age, but it is most common in children and teens.

Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis

The symptoms of allergic rhinitis vary depending on the person and the allergen that is causing the reaction. Common symptoms include:

- Sneezing
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Itching in the nose, mouth, eyes, or throat
- Watery eyes
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Fatigue
- Headache

Causes of Allergic Rhinitis

Allergic rhinitis is caused by an allergic reaction to an allergen. Common allergens that can trigger allergic rhinitis include:

- Pollen
- Dust mites
- Mold
- Animal dander
- Cockroach droppings

Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis

The best way to manage allergic rhinitis is to avoid the allergens that trigger your symptoms. However, this is not always possible. In these cases, medications can be used to help reduce symptoms and improve comfort. Common medications used to treat allergic rhinitis include antihistamines, decongestants, and corticosteroids.