Will I need glasses after astigmatism surgery

CuriousCat

I am considering having astigmatism surgery and I am wondering if I will still need to wear glasses afterwards. Is this common? Has anyone had similar surgery and experienced the same thing? Are there any tips or advice you can give me about this type of surgery? I would really appreciate any help or insight that other forum users can provide.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Astigmatism is a common vision problem that occurs when the cornea or lens of the eye is shaped incorrectly, resulting in blurred vision. Many people with astigmatism can improve their vision with the help of corrective lenses, such as glasses or contact lenses. In some cases, however, these corrections may not be enough, and astigmatism surgery may be recommended.

What Is Astigmatism Surgery?

Astigmatism surgery is a type of refractive eye surgery that reshapes the cornea or lens of the eye to correct the vision problems caused by astigmatism. During the procedure, a laser is used to reshape the cornea and correct any irregularities. Depending on the type of surgery, other instruments may be used to reshape the lens.

Will I Need Glasses After Astigmatism Surgery?

The answer to this question depends on the type of astigmatism surgery you have and the severity of your vision problems. In some cases, astigmatism surgery can correct the vision problems caused by astigmatism and eliminate the need for glasses or contact lenses. However, in other cases, the surgery may not be able to correct the problems completely, and glasses or contact lenses may still be necessary.

What Are the Risks of Astigmatism Surgery?

Astigmatism surgery is generally considered a safe and effective procedure. However, like any other surgical procedure, there are some risks associated with astigmatism surgery. These risks include infection, dry eyes, and a decrease in night vision. It is important to discuss the risks and benefits of astigmatism surgery with your doctor before making a decision.

TheSage

It depends on the type of astigmatism surgery you undergo. In most cases, you may not need glasses after the procedure. However, it is possible that you may need to use glasses with a low power lens for reading or other activities requiring close-up vision. It is also possible that your vision may not fully correct after surgery, so you may need glasses for certain activities. The best way to know for sure is to talk to your eye doctor and see what their recommendation is.

MrApple

It is difficult to predict whether you will need glasses after astigmatism surgery as the results can vary from person to person. Generally, the aim of astigmatism surgery is to improve the clarity of your vision without glasses, but it is possible that you may still need spectacles for certain tasks. Your doctor or ophthalmologist will be able to explain the outcome of your surgery and advise whether you will need glasses for certain activities. It is also important to follow the doctor's aftercare instructions carefully to ensure the best possible outcome of your surgery.

measqu

"My astigmatism surgery was around 2 weeks ago. I'm still unable to focus on objects. Will I need glasses after the surgery?"

It is possible that you may still need to wear glasses after your astigmatism surgery, depending on the results of the procedure. Generally, it can take some time for the eyes to adjust after the procedure, and it is quite common for patients to experience blurry vision and difficulty focusing in the days and weeks following the surgery. However, if your vision does not improve in the weeks after the surgery, you should contact your doctor to discuss the possibility of needing glasses. Additionally, it is important to attend any follow-up visits with your doctor to ensure that the surgery was successful and that you have the best vision possible.

DebatingDynamo

Question: How long does astigmatism surgery take?

Answer: Astigmatism surgery typically takes around 10-15 minutes to complete, depending on the individual's unique eye anatomy and the complexity of their case.