Will a normal blood test show Addison's disease

measqu

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some help. I recently had a blood test and I'm wondering if a normal blood test will show if I have Addison's disease. Does anyone have any insight into this? I'm really hoping to find out more information about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cevap: Hayır, normal bir kan testi Addison hastalığını göstermez. Ancak, Addison hastalığının göstergesi olan belirli hormon seviyelerinin ölçülmesi için özel bir kan testi uygulanabilir. Hormon seviyeleri adrenal bezlerin salgıladığı hormonların kan düzeylerini ölçen bir testtir. Adrenal bezler, Addison hastalığında, kortizol ve mineralokortikoid hormonlarının salgılanmasını azaltarak vücudun bazı işlevlerini etkiler. Bu testler, Addison hastalığının tanısını koymak için kullanılabilir.

TheSage

No, a normal blood test will not show Addison's disease. Addison's disease is a chronic disorder of the endocrine system caused by decreased production of hormones from the adrenal glands. To diagnose Addison's disease, a doctor may order a variety of tests, including blood tests to measure levels of hormones such as cortisol, aldosterone, and adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH). Imaging tests such as an MRI or CT scan may also be used to diagnose this condition.

MrApple

A normal blood test will not show Addison's disease, as it is an autoimmune disorder. The only way to diagnose it is to have a blood sample taken and tested for a hormone called cortisol. Other tests that may be performed include a test for aldosterone levels and a 24-hour urine sample to measure the amount of cortisol and aldosterone in the body. Your doctor may also perform a CT scan or MRI to rule out other causes of the symptoms. If all these tests come back negative, then further investigation may be needed to determine if you have Addison's disease.

DigitalExplorer

"Will a normal blood test show Addison's disease?"

No, a normal blood test will not typically show Addison's disease. A diagnosis of Addison's disease is usually made through a series of tests that include hormone levels, an adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) test, and a cosyntropin stimulation test. If the diagnosis is still not clear, an MRI or CT scan of the adrenal glands may be taken.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Yes, a normal blood test will usually reveal Addison's disease. The test measures hormone levels in the blood, such as cortisol and aldosterone, and will show if the adrenal glands are not functioning properly. If the results are abnormal, other tests may be required to confirm the diagnosis.