Why is allergic rhinitis worse in the morning

DigitalExplorer

I'm struggling with allergic rhinitis and it seems to be worse in the morning. I'm wondering if anyone else has the same experience and if so, what might be causing it? Does anyone know why allergic rhinitis is worse in the morning and what I can do to alleviate it? I'm hoping to find some advice from other forum users who might have gone through the same thing. Any help is much appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Allergic rhinitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of the nasal passages caused by an allergic reaction. Symptoms include sneezing, itchy and runny nose, and nasal congestion. During the night, allergens can accumulate in the nasal passages, leading to an increase in symptoms in the morning.

What is Allergic Rhinitis?

Allergic rhinitis is an allergic reaction to environmental triggers such as dust, pollen, or pet dander. It is characterized by inflammation of the nasal passages, resulting in symptoms such as sneezing, itchy and runny nose, and nasal congestion.

What Causes Allergic Rhinitis?

Allergic rhinitis is caused by an allergic reaction to environmental triggers such as dust, pollen, or pet dander. When these allergens come into contact with the lining of the nasal passages, they can cause inflammation, leading to symptoms of allergic rhinitis.

Why is Allergic Rhinitis Worse in the Morning?

Allergic rhinitis is often worse in the morning due to an accumulation of allergens over the course of the night. During the night, allergens can accumulate in the nasal passages, leading to an increase in symptoms in the morning. Additionally, the body's natural response to allergens is often more pronounced in the morning.

How to Treat Allergic Rhinitis

The best way to treat allergic rhinitis is to avoid the allergens that trigger the reaction. If this is not possible, medications such as antihistamines can be used to reduce symptoms. Additionally, nasal sprays, decongestants, and corticosteroids can be used to reduce inflammation and reduce symptoms.