Why INFJ is rare

DigitalExplorer

I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if anyone could help me understand why INFJ personalities are so rare? I'm an INFJ myself and I've heard that only around 1-2% of the population share the same personality type. Could someone please explain the reasons for this? Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
INFJ is an acronym for Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling and Judging. It is one of the sixteen personality types identified by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). INFJs are estimated to make up only 1-2% of the population, making them one of the rarest personality types.

Why INFJs are Rare

One of the main reasons INFJs are so rare is because they have a combination of traits that are not commonly found together. INFJs are introverted, which means they prefer to spend time alone and think deeply about issues. They are also intuitive, which means they are able to understand complex concepts and ideas without being explicitly told. They are also feeling, meaning they make decisions based on their emotions and values rather than logic. Finally, they are judging, which means they are organized and structured in their thinking. This rare combination of traits makes INFJs stand out from the rest of the population.

The Challenges of Being Rare

Being one of the rarest personality types can have its challenges. INFJs may find it difficult to fit in with the majority of the population, as their views and opinions may not be well-understood or accepted. They may also struggle to find people who understand them and relate to their experiences.

The Advantages of Being Rare

Despite the challenges, there are also many advantages to being an INFJ. They are often deep thinkers and have a unique perspective on the world. They are also often creative and can come up with interesting solutions to problems. INFJs are often seen as wise and have an innate understanding of people and situations. Being rare can be difficult, but it can also be a great asset.