Why does my upper left abdomen hurt when I press on it

strawberry

I'm having a really strange issue with my upper left abdomen. Whenever I press on it, it hurts. I've tried to look up what might be causing it but haven't found anything. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong and how I can get relief? I'm really worried and could use some help.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Upper Left Abdomen Pain: Causes and Possible Treatments

Common Causes

Pressure on the upper left abdomen may be caused by a variety of underlying conditions, including digestive issues, kidney stones, or muscle strain. Potential causes of upper left abdomen pain include:

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD): GERD is a digestive disorder in which stomach acid flows back up into the esophagus, causing a burning sensation. This can lead to pain in the upper left abdomen.

Ulcers: Ulcers are sores that can form in the stomach or intestine. These can cause pain in the upper left abdomen, as well as other symptoms such as nausea and vomiting.

Kidney Stones: Kidney stones are hard deposits of minerals that can form in the kidneys. When they move through the urinary tract, they can cause pain in the upper left abdomen.

Muscle Strain: Muscle strain, or overuse injuries, can cause pain in the upper left abdomen if the muscles in that area are affected.

Treatment

Treatment for upper left abdomen pain depends on the underlying cause.

GERD: Treatment for GERD includes lifestyle changes, such as avoiding foods that trigger acid reflux, and medications, such as antacids or proton pump inhibitors.

Ulcers: Treatment for ulcers often includes medications to reduce stomach acid production and antibiotics to clear up any infection.

Kidney Stones: Treatment for kidney stones may include drinking plenty of fluids to help flush them out of the body, or pain medications to help ease the discomfort.

Muscle Strain: Treatment for muscle strain may include rest, ice, and medications to reduce pain and inflammation.

Prevention

Preventing upper left abdomen pain may be possible by avoiding the underlying causes. This may include avoiding foods that can lead to GERD, avoiding alcohol and smoking, and exercising regularly to prevent muscle strain. It is also important to drink plenty of fluids and practice good hygiene to prevent infection.