Why does my back hurt right below my ribs

measqu

I'm having an issue with pain right below my ribs in the middle of my back. I'm not sure what's causing it and I'm hoping someone may have experienced a similar issue. I'm guessing it has something to do with my posture, but I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to alleviate this pain or what I can do to address the cause of it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cause of Back Pain Below Ribs

Back pain below ribs can be caused by a variety of different conditions. The most common causes are musculoskeletal issues such as strained or pulled muscles, ligaments or tendons. Other causes may include a herniated disc, spinal stenosis, arthritis, or an infection.

Musculoskeletal Issues

Musculoskeletal issues are the most common cause of back pain below the ribs. Strained or pulled muscles, ligaments or tendons can cause pain in the area. These types of injuries can occur after a sudden movement, such as lifting something heavy or during vigorous activity.

Herniated Disc

A herniated disc is a condition where the cushioning material between the vertebrae has been pushed out of place. This can cause pain in the area, as well as numbness and tingling. Treatment for a herniated disc may include physical therapy, medications, or even surgery.

Spinal Stenosis

Spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal. This can lead to compression on the nerves, which can cause pain in the area. Treatment for this condition may include physical therapy, medications, or even surgery.

Arthritis

Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints, which can cause pain in the area. Treatment for this condition may include medications, physical therapy, or even surgery.

Infection

Infection in the area can also be a cause of back pain below the ribs. Treatment for this condition may include antibiotics, as well as other treatments depending on the type of infection.

Back pain below the ribs can be caused by a variety of different conditions. It is important to see a doctor if you are experiencing pain in this area, as they can diagnose the cause and recommend the best course of treatment.