Why does mouth cancer occur

DreamWeaver

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to find some help and advice regarding mouth cancer. I'm really curious to know why it occurs and what might be the risk factors. Does anyone here have any insight into the causes of mouth cancer? Any advice or personal experiences would be much appreciated.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Mouth cancer, also known as oral cancer, occurs when abnormal cells in the mouth grow out of control. It can affect any part of the mouth, including the lips, tongue, gums, and the roof and floor of the mouth.

Causes of Mouth Cancer

The exact cause of mouth cancer is unknown, but certain factors have been linked to an increased risk. These include:

* Tobacco Use : Smoking cigarettes, pipes, cigars, and chewing tobacco are all associated with an increased risk of mouth cancer.

* Alcohol Use : Heavy alcohol use is linked to an increased risk of developing mouth cancer.

* Poor Oral Hygiene : Poor oral hygiene has been linked to an increased risk of mouth cancer.

* Human Papillomavirus (HPV): HPV is a virus that is linked to an increased risk of mouth cancer.

Symptoms of Mouth Cancer

The most common symptoms of mouth cancer include:

* A sore in the mouth that does not heal

* A lump or thickening in the mouth

* White, red, or speckled patches in the mouth

* Pain or difficulty swallowing

* Swelling of the jaw

* Bad breath

* Loosening of teeth

If you have any of these symptoms, it is important to see a doctor right away. Early diagnosis and treatment can help improve the chances of recovery.