Why does cold air trigger my allergies

DigitalExplorer

I'm really struggling with my allergies this winter and I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. I've noticed that when the weather gets cold, my allergies seem to flare up more.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Introduction

Cold air can trigger allergies for many people, causing runny noses, sneezing, and itchy eyes. This can be a very uncomfortable experience, and many people are left wondering why cold air triggers their allergies. In this article, we'll explore the possible causes of why cold air triggers allergies and what you can do to reduce your symptoms.

What Causes Cold Air Allergies?

There are several possible reasons why cold air can trigger allergies. The most common cause is due to the change in temperature and humidity. When the air is cold and dry, it can cause the mucous membranes in your nose and throat to become irritated, which can lead to allergy symptoms. Additionally, cold air can cause your body to produce histamine, which can cause the symptoms of an allergic reaction.

How to Reduce Allergy Symptoms

There are several ways to reduce the symptoms of cold air allergies. First, try to limit your exposure to cold air by wearing a scarf or face mask when outdoors. Also, try to avoid strong smells and smoke, as these can also trigger allergies. Finally, taking an antihistamine before going outside can help reduce your symptoms.