Why do narcissists cry at movies

strawberry

I'm curious to know why narcissists cry at movies? I've heard that it's a sign of emotional vulnerability, but I'm not sure if that's true. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Narcissists are known to be self-centered and self-absorbed, so why do they sometimes cry at movies? It seems unlikely that someone so focused on themselves would be moved to tears by a work of fiction, but research suggests that narcissists are actually more emotionally reactive than the average person. In this article, we'll look at why narcissists cry at movies and what it can tell us about them.

The Appeal of Emotional Catharsis

Narcissists are drawn to emotionally charged scenes in movies because they provide an opportunity for emotional catharsis. Emotional catharsis is the release of strong or repressed emotions, such as sadness or anger, that can be triggered by a movie scene. Narcissists are often emotionally guarded, so when they experience this release of emotion, it can be a powerful experience.

The Need for Intense Emotion

Narcissists are also drawn to emotionally charged movies because they crave intense emotions. Narcissists tend to seek out experiences and relationships that provide them with a strong emotional reaction. Movies can provide a safe space for them to experience intense emotions without any repercussions. It also allows them to indulge in their fantasies and fantasies of being the hero or heroine of the story.

The Need for Attention

Finally, narcissists may be driven to cry at movies because it can draw attention to them. Narcissists often crave attention and validation from others, and crying can be a way for them to get it. It can also be a way for them to manipulate others into giving them the attention they desire.

Conclusion

Narcissists cry at movies for a variety of reasons, including the opportunity to experience emotional catharsis, to indulge in intense emotions, and to draw attention to themselves. While it may seem strange that someone so self-absorbed would be moved to tears by a work of fiction, understanding why narcissists cry at movies can give us insight into their psychology.