Why do I get rhinitis in winter

strawberry

I suffer from rhinitis every winter, and I'm looking for help and advice from others who may have experienced the same thing. Does anyone know why I get rhinitis in winter? What can I do to prevent it or reduce the symptoms? Are there any natural remedies or over-the-counter medications that can help? I'd really appreciate any advice or insight anyone can offer.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Rhinitis is a common condition that affects the nasal passages and is characterized by inflammation and irritation of the nasal mucous membranes. It is often caused by an allergic reaction to environmental irritants, such as dust mites, pollen, pet dander, or mold. Rhinitis can also be caused by viral or bacterial infections.

Causes of Rhinitis in Winter

Rhinitis during the winter months is often caused by cold weather, dry air, and indoor air pollutants. Cold temperatures cause the nasal passages to become inflamed, leading to irritation and congestion. Low humidity levels reduce the amount of moisture in the air, which can lead to dryness and further inflammation. Indoor air pollutants, such as smoke, dust, and pet dander, can also irritate the nasal passages and cause rhinitis.

Preventing Rhinitis in Winter

To prevent rhinitis during the winter months, it is important to limit exposure to environmental irritants and maintain a healthy home environment. It is important to keep the air in your home free of dust, smoke, and pet dander. Using an air purifier can help reduce the amount of allergens and pollutants in the air. It is also important to keep the humidity levels in your home at a comfortable level, as dry air can worsen rhinitis symptoms. Additionally, using a saline nasal spray or humidifier can help to keep the nasal passages moist and reduce inflammation.