Why do I feel high after choking

measqu

Has anyone ever experienced a feeling of being 'high' or 'euphoric' after choking or having difficulty breathing? I recently experienced this and it was a strange feeling - I felt like I was in a state of euphoria. I'm wondering if anyone else has felt this and, if so, why it might be happening.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Choking is a common phenomenon that is experienced by many people. It is not only uncomfortable but can also be dangerous if not taken seriously. Many people have experienced a feeling of euphoria after choking, usually accompanied by a feeling of lightheadedness. This is a phenomenon that has been researched and documented by scientists, and there are theories as to why it occurs.

Subtitle 1: The Physiological Effects of Choking

Choking is a physical phenomenon in which the airway is blocked or partially blocked, causing difficulty in breathing. It is a reflexive response to an obstruction in the throat or upper airway, and the body's attempt to expel the object or relieve pressure. When the airway is blocked, the body increases the force of the respiratory muscles, leading to an increase in blood pressure and heart rate. This can lead to a feeling of lightheadedness, and even a sense of euphoria.

Subtitle 2: The Psychological Effects of Choking

In addition to the physiological effects of choking, there is also a psychological component. When the body is under stress, it releases endorphins and adrenaline, which can act as natural painkillers and can produce a feeling of euphoria. This is known as the “fight-or-flight” response, and it is triggered when the body perceives a threat. This response can cause a feeling of lightheadedness and euphoria, which can explain why some people experience a high after choking.

Subtitle 3: The Long-Term Effects of Choking

While choking may produce a feeling of euphoria in the short-term, there are potential long-term effects that should be considered. If choking is a regular occurrence, it can lead to a chronic feeling of lightheadedness and dizziness, as well as an increased risk of respiratory infection. Additionally, if the airway is repeatedly blocked, it can lead to permanent damage to the airways.

In conclusion, choking can produce a feeling of euphoria in the short-term, but it is important to be aware of the potential long-term effects. If choking is a regular occurrence, it is important to seek medical attention to ensure that the airway is not being damaged.