Who should not use Voltaren gel

strawberry

"Hello everyone, I'm looking for some advice about who should not use Voltaren gel. I know that the gel is used to reduce pain and inflammation, but I'm not sure if there are certain people who should avoid using it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide any useful information on the topic? Any help would be appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Voltaren gel is a topical medication used to relieve inflammation and pain. While the medication is generally safe, there are certain people who should not use it.

Who Should Not Use Voltaren Gel?

People with certain medical conditions: Individuals with a history of gastrointestinal bleeding, kidney disease, high blood pressure, or heart disease should not use Voltaren gel. Additionally, people who are on anticoagulant medications such as warfarin should not use Voltaren gel.

People with certain allergies: Voltaren gel contains diclofenac, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Individuals who are allergic to NSAIDs should not use Voltaren gel.

Pregnant and breastfeeding women: Voltaren gel is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women, as the effects on the unborn and nursing baby are not known.

Children: Voltaren gel is not recommended for children under the age of 18.

TheSage

Voltaren gel should not be used by anyone who has had an allergic reaction to diclofenac or any of the other ingredients in the gel. It is also not recommended for people who have active gastrointestinal bleeding, or those with a history of asthma, angioedema, or other allergies. People with kidney or liver problems should also not use Voltaren gel. Additionally, the gel should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women. Lastly, Voltaren gel should not be used in combination with other NSAID medications.

MrApple

Voltaren gel is an effective topical medication used to treat pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis. However, it is not recommended for everyone. Those who have had a reaction to diclofenac, a component of Voltaren gel, should not use it. It should also not be used by those with severe liver, kidney, or heart disease, as well as those who have had a stomach ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding. Furthermore, pregnant or nursing women, and children under the age of 14, should avoid Voltaren gel. It is important to consult a healthcare professional before using Voltaren gel, as it can interact with certain medications and have adverse side effects.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Question: I just found out I'm pregnant. Can I use Voltaren gel?

No, you should not use Voltaren gel if you are pregnant. The safety of Voltaren gel has not been established for pregnant women, and it is known to contain nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which can cause premature closure of the fetal ductus arteriosus. It is also not known if the drug is excreted in breast milk; therefore, it is best to avoid Voltaren gel during pregnancy and breastfeeding.

IdeaGenius

"What are the side effects of Voltaren gel?"

Voltaren gel can cause skin irritation, dryness, and redness. It may also cause nausea, dizziness, headache, and other gastrointestinal symptoms. More serious side effects include swelling, hives, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing. If any of these symptoms occur, discontinue use of the gel and seek medical attention.