Who has written the family in sociology

ByteBuddy

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help on a sociology topic. I'm trying to find out who has written about the family in sociology. I've been searching through a few textbooks, but I haven't been able to find any names. Does anyone know who has written about the family in sociology? Any information would be much appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The family is an important topic in sociology. It has been written about extensively by a number of prominent sociologists. Some of the most influential authors on the topic of the family in sociology include:

George Murdock

George Murdock was an American anthropologist who wrote extensively on the family. In his book ‘Social Structure’, he argued that the family was a universal institution and the basis of all social organization. He also argued that the family was the most important factor in determining an individual’s life chances.

Talcott Parsons

Talcott Parsons was an American sociologist who wrote extensively on the family. He argued that the family was a fundamental unit of social organization and that it was the key to understanding social change. His work focused on the functions of the family and how it contributes to the functioning of a society.

Emile Durkheim

Emile Durkheim was a French sociologist who wrote extensively on the social structure of society. He argued that the family was a primary source of social cohesion and that it was important in maintaining social order. He also argued that the family was an important factor in the development of an individual’s moral values.

Max Weber

Max Weber was a German sociologist who wrote extensively on the family. He argued that the family was the cornerstone of society and that it was the basis of all social organization. He also argued that the family was a key factor in the development of an individual's social status.