Who diagnoses Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia

CuriousCat

"Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help. I was recently diagnosed with Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia and I'm trying to find out who is qualified to diagnose it. Does anyone know who can accurately diagnose this condition? Any advice or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cevap: Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (AIHA) is typically diagnosed by a healthcare provider based on a patient’s medical history, physical exam, and laboratory tests. Diagnosis

The diagnosis of AIHA is based on a combination of the patient’s medical history, physical exam, and laboratory tests.

Medical History - The healthcare provider will ask the patient about their symptoms and any recent illnesses that may be related to AIHA.

Physical Exam - The healthcare provider will do a physical exam to look for any signs or symptoms of AIHA, such as jaundice, pallor, or enlarged spleen.

Laboratory Tests - The healthcare provider may order tests to confirm the diagnosis of AIHA. These tests may include a complete blood count (CBC), direct antiglobulin test (DAT), indirect antiglobulin test (IAT), and/or a reticulocyte count. The results of these tests will help the healthcare provider determine if AIHA is present and if treatment is necessary.