Which test is most useful to diagnose acute hemolytic transfusion reaction

IdeaGenius

Hello everyone! I'm trying to find out which test is most useful to diagnose acute hemolytic transfusion reaction. I was recently reading about transfusions and I'm curious to learn more about how it is diagnosed. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so, I'd love to hear what tests are commonly used and which ones have been most successful in diagnosing acute hemolytic transfusion reactions. Any advice on this topic would be much appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Direct Antiglobulin Test (DAT)

The Direct Antiglobulin Test (DAT) is the most useful test to diagnose acute hemolytic transfusion reaction. This test involves coating the red blood cells with antibodies to detect the presence of immunoglobulins or complement on the cell surface. If these components are present, the patient has experienced an acute hemolytic transfusion reaction. This test is important because it helps to confirm a diagnosis and guide treatment decisions. It can also be used to monitor the progress of the reaction and determine the need for additional interventions.