Which surgery requires a cast

IdeaGenius

I'm looking for some help to understand which surgeries require a cast. I know that some orthopedic surgeries may include the use of a cast, but I'm not sure if there are any other types of surgeries that require the use of a cast. Are there any surgeries that need to be performed with a cast in place? Can anyone share their experience with this type of surgery? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Fracture Surgery

A fracture surgery usually requires a cast in order to immobilize the affected area and facilitate the healing process. Depending on the type of fracture and the location of the fractured bone, a cast may be a plaster cast, a fiberglass cast, or a soft cast. The cast helps to reduce the risk of further injury to the bones, muscles, and ligaments and keep the fracture in place as it heals.

Hip Replacement Surgery

Hip replacement surgery usually requires a cast, as it helps to provide support, stability, and promote healing. The cast is usually put on after the surgery and helps to reduce the risk of further injury. It also helps to keep the hip joint in the correct position as the new joint heals.

Spinal Fusion Surgery

Spinal fusion surgery usually requires a cast in order to help stabilize the spine and reduce the risk of further injury. The cast is usually put on after the surgery and helps to keep the spine in the correct position while it heals. It also helps to reduce the risk of further injury to the vertebrae, discs, and ligaments.