Which of the 16 personalities is rare

CuriousCat

I'm looking for help understanding which of the 16 personalities is the rarest. I'm new to the concept of the 16 personalities and I'm not sure which type is most uncommon. Could someone please explain which of the 16 personalities is rare and why? I'd also love to hear any experiences people have had with people of the rarest type. Any advice or insights would be really appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: The 16 Personalities

The 16 Personality Types is a system developed by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) that categorizes people into 16 different personality types based on their preferences for how they perceive the world and make decisions. Each type is made up of four different preferences: Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I), Sensing (S) or Intuition (N), Thinking (T) or Feeling (F), and Judging (J) or Perceiving (P).

The personality types are divided into four main groups, or “temperaments”, based on the combination of preferences: Analysts (NT), Diplomats (NF), Sentinels (SJ), and Explorers (SP). Each type is unique in its own way and all are equally valid and important.

The rarest of the 16 personality types is the INFJ, or Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging type, which makes up only 1-2% of the population. INFJs are known for their creative and imaginative minds, their empathy and compassion, and their ability to see the potential in people and situations. They have a strong sense of inner values and are driven by their ideals and visions. They are also often highly sensitive to their environment and can be easily overwhelmed by noise and chaos.