Which MBTI type is most common

DigitalExplorer

I'm curious to know which MBTI type is most common in the world. Does anyone have any information or resources I can look at to find out? I would love to hear from other people who have researched this topic or have personal experience with it. Any help would be much appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
MBTI Types and Their Popularity

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a popular personality test that classifies people into one of 16 different personality types. It is based on a survey of psychological preferences, such as how people prefer to make decisions, interact with others, and approach the world around them. Each of the 16 types is represented by four letters (e.g. INTJ or ESTP), which stand for preferences in four different categories:

Introversion (I) vs. Extraversion (E): If you prefer to spend time alone or in small groups, you are an introvert; if you prefer to be around people and draw energy from social interaction, you are an extravert.

Sensing (S) vs. Intuition (N): If you prefer to focus on facts and details, you are a sensor; if you prefer to focus on theories and meanings, you are an intuitive.

Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F): If you prefer to make decisions based on logic and objective criteria, you are a thinker; if you prefer to make decisions based on values and empathy, you are a feeler.

Judging (J) vs. Perceiving (P): If you prefer to organize your life and make decisions quickly, you are a judger; if you prefer to keep your options open and take your time making decisions, you are a perceiver.

The MBTI has been extensively studied, and the results of these studies have been used to determine which types are the most common. According to research, the most common type is ISFJ (introverted, sensing, feeling, judging), followed by ISTJ (introverted, sensing, thinking, judging). The least common type is INFJ (introverted, intuitive, feeling, judging). Other common types include ESTJ (extraverted, sensing, thinking, judging), ESFJ (extraverted, sensing, feeling, judging), ENTP (extraverted, intuitive, thinking, perceiving), and ENFP (extraverted, intuitive, feeling, perceiving).