Which MBTI are besties

CuriousCat

Hi everyone! I'm new to the MBTI world and I'm curious to know which MBTI types make the best friends. I'm sure there are some great combinations out there, and I'd love to hear from other forum users about their experiences.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Introversion vs. Extroversion

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a personality test that measures psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. It divides people into four different categories based on their preferences: Introversion (I) and Extroversion (E), Sensing (S) and Intuition (N), Thinking (T) and Feeling (F), and Judging (J) and Perceiving (P). People who are introverted tend to be more reserved and independent, while extroverts are more outgoing and social.

Introvert and Extrovert Besties

When it comes to best friends, there are certain qualities that are essential in order for the friendship to be successful. For introverts, having a best friend who is also an introvert can be beneficial, as they will both understand and appreciate each other’s need for alone time, and have similar interests. On the other hand, extroverts may prefer having a best friend who is also an extrovert, as they can be more social and outgoing together.

Sensing vs. Intuition

The MBTI also divides people into two categories based on their preference for gathering information: sensing (S) and intuition (N). Those with a sensing preference tend to be more pragmatic and concrete in their thoughts, while those with an intuition preference tend to be more abstract and conceptual.

When it comes to best friends, those with a sensing preference may appreciate a best friend with the same preference, as they will both be more practical and grounded. Those with an intuition preference may prefer having a best friend with the same preference, as they will both be more imaginative and creative.

Thinking vs. Feeling

The MBTI also divides people into two categories based on their preference for making decisions: thinking (T) and feeling (F). Those with a thinking preference tend to be more logical and analytical, while those with a feeling preference tend to be more emotionally-driven and empathetic.

When it comes to best friends, those with a thinking preference may prefer having a best friend with the same preference, as they will both be more rational and objective. Those with a feeling preference may prefer having a best friend with the same preference, as they will both be more compassionate and sensitive.

Judging vs. Perceiving

The MBTI also divides people into two categories based on their preference for organizing the world: judging (J) and perceiving (P). Those with a judging preference tend to be more structured and organized, while those with a perceiving preference tend to be more flexible and spontaneous.

When it comes to best friends, those with a judging preference may prefer having a best friend with the same preference, as they will both be more responsible and reliable. Those with a perceiving preference may prefer having a best friend with the same preference, as they will both be more open-minded and adaptable.

Conclusion

When it comes to finding the perfect best friend, the MBTI can be a helpful tool in determining which type of personality would be the best fit. While there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to best friends, understanding the different preferences can help you find the perfect match.