Which gender MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) is rare

DreamWeaver

I'm interested in learning more about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and I'm curious about which gender is rare when it comes to this assessment. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience to share? Are there any statistics available regarding the rarity of gender MBTI types? I'm looking for insight into how the MBTI might be different for males versus females, so any help is greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a personality assessment that can be used to identify an individual's psychological preferences. It is composed of four different dichotomies, which are Extraversion (E) vs. Introversion (I), Sensing (S) vs. Intuition (N), Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F), and Judging (J) vs. Perceiving (P).

Gender Differences in MBTI

Studies have found that there are gender-based differences in MBTI scores. While overall differences may be subtle, some statistically significant differences have been found. For example, men are more likely to be Extraverted, Thinking, and Judging, whereas women are more likely to be Introverted, Feeling, and Perceiving.

Rarity of MBTI Types

When considering the rarity of MBTI types, it is important to consider both genders. While some types may be more rare in one gender than the other, it is important to remember that there is significant overlap between the two genders.

For example, the INFJ type is considered to be one of the rarest types, with an estimated prevalence of less than 1%. However, this type is slightly more common among women than men, with about 2% of women reportedly being INFJ compared to about 1% of men.

Other types may be more rare in one gender than the other but still relatively common overall. For example, the ISTJ type is more common among men than women, with about 13% of men being ISTJ compared to 8% of women. However, this type is still relatively common overall, with an estimated prevalence of 11%.

In conclusion, no one gender has a monopoly on rare MBTI types; rather, some types are more common in one gender than the other but still relatively common overall. It is important to remember that while gender-based differences exist, there is significant overlap between the two genders.