Which Enneagram is most difficult

strawberry

I'm new to the Enneagram and recently heard that some types are more difficult than others. Can anyone help me understand which Enneagram type is the most difficult and why? I'm looking for personal experiences, insights, and opinions.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: Enneagram Types and Difficulty Levels

The Enneagram is a system of nine distinct personality types that are commonly used to assess individual personalities. Each type is associated with a unique set of characteristics and behaviors. While each type is different, some may be more challenging to understand and work with than others. So, which Enneagram type is the most difficult?

Type One: The Reformer

Type One is often considered to be the most difficult of the Enneagram types. People of this type are exceptionally driven and focused on perfectionism. They strive for excellence and often have high standards for themselves and those around them, but can become frustrated and disappointed when those standards are not met. They may also struggle with anger and criticism, and may be overly critical of themselves and others.

Type Four: The Individualist

Type Fours are often viewed as the second most difficult Enneagram type. They are highly creative, sensitive, and self-aware individuals who have a strong sense of identity and individualism. They can be highly introspective and reflective, and may struggle with feelings of emptiness and longing. Fours often feel misunderstood and disconnected from others, which can lead to feelings of loneliness and isolation.

Type Eight: The Challenger

Type Eight is often considered to be the third most difficult Enneagram type. People of this type are strong-willed, assertive, and often confrontational. They are often viewed as intimidating and intimidating, and may struggle with feelings of anger and aggression. They can also be highly independent and driven, and may have difficulty with emotional vulnerability and opening up to others.

The difficulty level of each Enneagram type can vary depending on the individual's level of self-awareness and ability to manage their own emotions. While some types may be more difficult than others, each type presents its own unique challenges and opportunities for growth.