Which doctor looks at the jaw structure

CuriousCat

Hello everyone!
I'm looking for help to find out which doctor looks at the structure of the jaw. I'm not sure if it's an orthodontist, an oral surgeon, or maybe another type of doctor. Does anyone have experience with this or can point me in the right direction? I'd really appreciate it.
I'm also wondering if there are any tests or scans that are typically done to evaluate the jaw structure. Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The jaw structure is a vital part of a person's facial structure and it can be affected by numerous factors, including genetics, environmental factors, and illness. It's important to have a doctor who specializes in jaw structure to assess any issues you may have. Here are some of the doctors who look at the jaw structure and what they do:

Orthodontist

An orthodontist is a dentist who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of teeth and jaw irregularities. They can assess the jaw structure and recommend treatments to correct any misalignments or other issues. Orthodontists often use braces and other corrective devices to straighten teeth and improve the jaw structure.

Oral Surgeon

An oral surgeon is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases, disorders, and injuries of the mouth, jaw, and face. Oral surgeons can recommend surgeries to improve the jaw structure, such as jaw realignment or jaw reduction.

Maxillofacial Surgeon

A maxillofacial surgeon is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, disorders, and injuries of the mouth, jaw, and face. Maxillofacial surgeons can perform reconstructive surgeries to improve the jaw structure, such as jaw realignment or jaw reduction.

Plastic Surgeon

A plastic surgeon is a doctor who specializes in the correction or restoration of form and function of the body. Plastic surgeons can perform facial reconstruction and cosmetic surgery to improve the jaw structure, such as jaw realignment or jaw reduction.

If you have concerns about your jaw structure, it's best to consult with a doctor who specializes in the area. Depending on your needs, it may be necessary to consult with more than one doctor to ensure the best possible outcome.