Which disease may cause hemolytic anaemia

ByteBuddy

I'm looking for help from other forum users about which diseases may cause hemolytic anaemia. I've been researching this subject for some time now but haven't been able to find a definite answer. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this condition? What are some of the potential causes of hemolytic anaemia? Are there any treatments available? I would really appreciate any advice or comments from people who have experienced this.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Hemolytic Anemia Causes

Hemolytic anemia is a type of anemia that occurs when red blood cells are destroyed faster than they can be replaced. The destruction of red blood cells can be caused by various conditions, including certain infections, autoimmune diseases, and certain inherited disorders.

Autoimmune Diseases

Autoimmune hemolytic anemia is the most common type of hemolytic anemia caused by an autoimmune disorder. In this condition, the body’s immune system mistakenly recognizes its own red blood cells as foreign and begins to produce antibodies that attack and destroy them. Examples of autoimmune diseases that can cause hemolytic anemia include systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and Sjögren’s syndrome.

Infections

Certain infections can cause hemolytic anemia, either by directly attacking red blood cells or by triggering an autoimmune response. Examples of infections that can cause hemolytic anemia include malaria, bacterial infections such as streptococcus, and viral infections such as Epstein-Barr virus.

Inherited Disorders

Hemolytic anemia can also be caused by inherited disorders. These disorders can affect the structure of red blood cells, making them more prone to damage and destruction. Examples of inherited disorders that can cause hemolytic anemia include hereditary spherocytosis, sickle cell anemia, and thalassemia.