Which department specializes in jaw diseases

IdeaGenius

"Hi everyone, I'm in need of some help. I'm trying to find out which department specializes in jaw diseases. Does anyone have any experience with this or know of any good resources I should look into? Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Oral and maxillofacial surgery is a dental specialty that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, injuries, and defects of the face, mouth, and jaws. This type of surgery is typically performed by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons have extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of facial injuries, in addition to the management of tumors and other medical conditions of the head, neck, face, and jaws.

Jaw Diseases

Jaw diseases are disorders that affect the jawbone, the muscles that control the jaw, or the teeth that are associated with the jaw. Common jaw diseases include temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ), bruxism (teeth grinding), and misalignment of the jaw. Other diseases that can affect the jaw include osteomyelitis (infection of the jawbone) and tumors of the jaw. Treatment for these diseases varies depending on the cause, but may include medications, physical therapy, or surgery.