Which cells become cancerous

IdeaGenius

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and I'm looking for some help understanding which cells become cancerous. I'm trying to learn more about the different types of cancer and how they start, but I'm having trouble finding reliable information on this topic. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this that they could share? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What is Cancer?

Cancer is a term used to describe a group of diseases that cause abnormal cells to divide and grow uncontrollably. These abnormal cells can invade and destroy nearby tissues, and can spread throughout the body. Cancer cells can form tumors, lumps, or growths in or on the body.

What Causes Cancer?

The exact cause of cancer is unknown, but it is thought to be caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Some genetic mutations can increase the risk of developing certain types of cancer, while exposure to certain carcinogens, such as radiation or tobacco smoke, can also increase the risk.

Which Cells Become Cancerous?

Cancer can begin in any type of cell in the body. However, some cells have a higher risk of becoming cancerous than others. For example, cells that line the inside of the lungs, such as bronchial cells, are more prone to developing lung cancer than other cells in the body. Similarly, cells that line the digestive tract, such as colon cells, are more prone to developing colon cancer than other cells.

How is Cancer Diagnosed?

Cancer is typically diagnosed through a biopsy, where a sample of cells is taken from the suspected tumor and examined under a microscope. Imaging tests, such as X-rays or CT scans, may also be used to help diagnose cancer.