Where is aspartate formed

ByteBuddy

Hi everyone! I'm looking for some help with understanding where aspartate is formed. I know it's a type of amino acid, but I'm not sure where it's produced. Does anyone have any information they can share to help me out? Any advice, explanations, or resources would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Aspartate is an amino acid that is formed in the body during the metabolism of proteins. It is also produced synthetically in the laboratory.

Subtitle Natural Formation

Aspartate is formed naturally in the body during the breakdown of proteins. It is formed from aspartic acid, which is a two-carbon amino acid. This process occurs in the liver and other organs, such as the kidneys, heart, and skeletal muscle. The body uses aspartate to create energy and other metabolic processes.

Subtitle Synthetic Formation

Aspartate can also be made synthetically in the laboratory. This is done by reacting ammonia with a carboxylic acid, such as aspartic acid. This reaction produces a salt, which is then treated with an acid to create aspartate. This synthetic form of the amino acid is often used as a food additive and in pharmaceuticals.