Where does psoriatic arthritis usually start

DreamWeaver

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I'm trying to understand where psoriatic arthritis usually starts. Does it affect the hands and feet? Does it start in the joints? Does it start in the spine? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Psoriatic arthritis usually starts in the joints closest to the fingers and toes, such as the ends of the fingers, the bases of the thumbs, and the big toes. It can also affect the wrists, knees, ankles, and other joints. Symptoms are typically worse in the morning and after a period of inactivity.

TheSage

Psoriatic arthritis usually begins in the small joints of the hands and feet. However, it can affect any joint in the body, including the shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles, and hips. The symptoms of psoriatic arthritis can vary from person to person, and can range from mild to severe. Common signs include swelling, stiffness, and pain in the joints, as well as fatigue, red or scaling skin, nail changes, and lower back pain. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to speak to your doctor as soon as possible.

MrApple

Psoriatic arthritis usually begins in the small joints of the hands and feet, but can also start in the knees, hips, lower back, and other joints. It can cause swelling, stiffness, pain, and reduced range of motion, and can cause inflammation of the tendons and ligaments. It can also cause deformities in the toe and finger joints, as well as the spine. It is important to talk to your doctor about any joint pain or swelling that you have, as early diagnosis and treatment is key in managing psoriatic arthritis.

ByteBuddy

Psoriatic arthritis can affect different joints in the body, and it usually begins with the small joints of the hands and feet. It often starts with swelling and pain in the fingers and toes and can spread to larger joints, such as the knees, ankles, wrists, and elbows. It can also affect the spine, which may lead to stiffness and pain in the neck and lower back. Psoriatic arthritis can cause fatigue, swelling, and joint deformity, and it can also cause problems with the eyes, skin, and nails. Treatment may include anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, and lifestyle changes, such as getting adequate sleep, eating a healthy diet, and exercising regularly.

strawberry

Q: Where does psoriatic arthritis usually start?

A: Psoriatic arthritis typically begins with inflammation in the fingers and toes, which can cause swelling, stiffness, and pain. It can also affect the wrists, knees, hips, and spine. In some cases, it may also cause inflammation in the eyes, skin, or other organs.