Where does a kidney cyst strike

strawberry

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I'm hoping someone can help me out with this question. I'm wondering where a kidney cyst usually strikes? I understand that it's not a common condition, but I'm just curious to know if there's anything that can cause a cyst to form in a particular spot on the kidney.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Kidney cysts are fluid-filled sacs that may form in the kidneys. They can differ in size and usually cause no symptoms. However, some cysts can cause pain, discomfort, and other health complications.

Symptoms of Kidney Cysts

Most kidney cysts do not cause any symptoms. However, some cysts may cause pain, discomfort, and other health complications. The symptoms of kidney cysts may include:

• Pain in the side or back

• Abdominal mass or lump

• Urinary tract infection

• High blood pressure

• Nausea and vomiting

• Urine that appears darker than usual

• Blood in the urine

• Fever

Diagnosis of Kidney Cysts

Kidney cysts can usually be detected with an imaging test such as ultrasound, CT scan, or MRI. During the imaging test, the doctor will look for any abnormal growths in the kidneys. If the doctor finds a cyst, they may take a sample of the fluid inside to test for cancer.

Treatment of Kidney Cysts

Treatment of kidney cysts depends on the size and type of cyst. Most small, simple cysts do not require any treatment. However, if the cyst is large or causes symptoms, the doctor may recommend surgery to remove it. In some cases, the doctor may inject a medication into the cyst to reduce its size.

In more severe cases, the doctor may recommend chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or other treatments.