Where does a jaw cyst occur

measqu

Hello everyone,
I recently found out that I may have a jaw cyst and I'm trying to learn more about it. Does anyone know where a jaw cyst typically occurs? I've heard that it can be found on both the upper and lower jaws, but I'm not sure if that is correct. I'm hoping that someone here can provide some insight on this topic and help me understand more about jaw cysts. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: Jaw Cyst Location

A jaw cyst is a pocket of fluid that can form near the jaw bone. This type of cyst is typically painless and can be found near the back of the jaw, near the teeth, and around the salivary glands. Jaw cysts are usually harmless and can be left alone unless they cause discomfort or become infected.

Jawbone: The jawbone is the large bone located near the back of the mouth, extending from the chin to the ear. Jaw cysts can occur in any area of the jawbone, but are most commonly found near the back of the jaw.

Teeth: Jaw cysts can also form near teeth, either on the gum line or near the roots of the teeth. When jaw cysts are located near teeth, they can cause discomfort when biting or chewing.

Salivary Glands: Jaw cysts can also form near the salivary glands, which are located near the jawbone. Salivary glands produce saliva to help lubricate the mouth and aid in digestion. Jaw cysts near the salivary glands can cause discomfort when the area is touched.