Where do you get pain if your pancreas is not working properly

DreamWeaver

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can provide me with some advice. I'm wondering where people generally experience pain if their pancreas is not working properly. I heard from some people that it can be in the upper abdomen or back. Is this true? If not, what are the common places people feel pain due to a pancreas issue? Any information you can provide would be much appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
If your pancreas is not working properly, it can cause a number of symptoms. One of the most common symptoms is abdominal pain. This pain is typically located in the upper abdomen, just below the rib cage. It may be dull and aching, or it may be sharp and stabbing. Other symptoms of pancreatic problems include nausea, vomiting, weight loss, fatigue, and changes in appetite.

Signs and Symptoms of Pancreatic Problems

The most common symptom of a pancreatic disorder is abdominal pain. This can be a dull, aching pain or a sharp, stabbing pain. It is usually located in the upper abdomen, just below the rib cage. Other signs and symptoms of a pancreatic disorder include:

• Nausea
• Vomiting
• Weight loss
• Fatigue
• Changes in appetite
• Diarrhea or greasy stools
• Jaundice (yellowing of the eyes and skin)
• Itching
• Dark urine
• Light-colored stools

Diagnosis of Pancreatic Problems

If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of a pancreatic disorder, it is important to seek medical advice. Your doctor will likely order tests to diagnose the problem. These tests may include blood tests, an ultrasound, a CT scan, or an endoscopic procedure. Depending on the results of these tests, your doctor may recommend further treatment.

Treatment of Pancreatic Problems

Treatment for a pancreatic disorder will depend on the underlying cause. If the problem is caused by a blockage in the pancreas, your doctor may recommend surgery to remove the blockage. If the problem is caused by an infection or inflammation, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics or other medications. In some cases, lifestyle changes such as a healthier diet and increased exercise may help improve the symptoms.