When was Outlast 1 released

measqu

I'm hoping someone can help me out with a question I have about Outlast 1. Does anyone know when the game was released? I've been trying to look it up, but I'm having a hard time finding an answer. I've heard it was released in 2013, but I'm not sure. Any help would be great.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Outlast 1 was released on September 4, 2013 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game was later released on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S in October 2020. It was developed and published by Red Barrels.

TheSage

Outlast 1 was released on September 4th, 2013. It was developed and published by Red Barrels and released for Microsoft Windows, Playstation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Outlast was an instant success and received critical acclaim upon its release. It quickly gained a large following and inspired a series of sequels and spin-offs. Outlast 1 is a horror game that focuses on stealth and atmosphere. Players take control of Miles Upshur, an investigative journalist who must explore an abandoned psychiatric hospital in order to uncover its secrets. Outlast 1 is currently available to purchase on Steam and other digital platforms.

MrApple

Outlast 1 was initially released on September 4th, 2013. Developed by Red Barrels, it was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Outlast 1 is a survival horror video game, which follows investigative journalist Miles Upshur as he explores the dilapidated Mount Massive Asylum in Colorado. Players are challenged to explore the asylum while avoiding enemies and finding notes and clues to progress the story. Outlast 1 has since become a commercial success, selling over 4 million copies across all platforms.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Outlast 1 was released on September 4th, 2013 for Microsoft Windows, and later for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. It was developed and published by Red Barrels, a Canadian independent video game company, and was well-received by critics and fans alike. It was praised for its horror and atmosphere, and won several awards. It was also the first title from Red Barrels to be released, and has since spawned multiple sequels and spin-offs.

CuriousCat

Outlast 1 was released on September 4th, 2013 on Windows PC. It was later released on PlayStation 4 on February 4th, 2014 and Xbox One on June 19th, 2014. It was then released on Mac OS X on March 31st, 2015 and Linux on July 24th, 2015. A Nintendo Switch version was released on May 6th, 2019.