When is tooth infection dangerous

CuriousCat

I'm hoping to get some help from other forum users about when tooth infection can become dangerous. I recently had a toothache and I'm worried it may be a sign of an infection. Are there any tell-tale signs that I should look out for to determine if the infection is serious? Can a tooth infection become life-threatening? What should I do if I think I have an infection? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What is a Tooth Infection?

A tooth infection, also known as dental abscess, occurs when bacteria enters the tooth and causes an infection. It is most commonly caused by tooth decay, an injury, or a cracked tooth. The infection can spread to the surrounding tissues and bones, resulting in severe pain and swelling.

When is a Tooth Infection Dangerous?

A tooth infection can be dangerous if it is not treated promptly and properly. If left untreated, the infection can spread to other parts of the body, such as the brain, and can cause serious health complications. It is important to seek medical attention immediately if you have signs of a tooth infection, such as severe pain, swelling, fever, or bad breath. Early treatment is essential to prevent the infection from spreading.