When is an epididymal cyst operated on

strawberry

I am wondering when an epididymal cyst should be operated on. I have heard it is possible to have a cyst removed, but I am unsure when it is necessary to take this step. I would really appreciate any advice or experiences other forum users have had with epididymal cysts. Have any of you had a cyst operated on or know of any cases where it was necessary? What were the signs that it needed to be operated on, and what was the outcome? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What is an Epididymal Cyst?

An epididymal cyst is a cyst that forms near the epididymis, a small organ located within the male reproductive system. It is a common condition that usually does not require medical treatment, although some people may experience discomfort or pain due to the cyst.

When is Surgery Necessary?

Surgery is only recommended if the cyst is causing pain or discomfort. Surgery may also be recommended if the cyst is large or if it is growing rapidly. In some cases, surgery may be recommended to reduce the risk of complications such as infection or infertility. In addition, surgery may be recommended if the cyst is blocking the flow of urine or if it is causing testicular pain or swelling.