When is allergic rhinitis most common

IdeaGenius

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and I need help understanding when allergic rhinitis is most common. I have a lot of questions about this condition such as, what are the common causes? What are the symptoms? Is it seasonal or can it occur year-round? Are there any treatments or preventative measures I should be aware of? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Allergic rhinitis is most commonly seen in the spring and early summer months when pollen counts are highest. It is also seen in late summer and early fall when ragweed pollen is most prevalent. Allergic rhinitis can also occur year-round as a result of indoor allergens such as dust mites, pet dander, and mold spores.

Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis

The most common symptoms of allergic rhinitis include sneezing, nasal congestion, itching of the eyes, nose, and throat, and watery eyes. Other symptoms may include postnasal drip, coughing, and fatigue.

Diagnosis of Allergic Rhinitis

The diagnosis of allergic rhinitis is based on a physical examination and a detailed medical history. An allergist may also order a skin prick test or a blood test to confirm the diagnosis.

Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis

The treatment of allergic rhinitis includes avoiding allergens, using antihistamines to reduce symptoms, and using nasal sprays. An allergist may also recommend immunotherapy, which is a series of injections that can help reduce the body’s sensitivity to allergens.