When I press on my tooth, it hurts. What should I do

DreamWeaver

I'm concerned about my tooth. When I press on it, it hurts. Does anyone know what I should do? I'm worried that something might be wrong. I'm not sure if I need to see a dentist or if I should take any home remedies to try to help. I'm hoping someone on this forum can provide some advice. I'd really appreciate any help or recommendations.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
General Advice

If you are experiencing pain when you press on your tooth, it is important to visit a dentist as soon as possible. The cause of the pain could be a variety of things, including a cavity, an abscess, or a gum infection. A dentist can diagnose the cause of the pain and provide appropriate treatment.

Tips to Avoid Tooth Pain

In order to avoid tooth pain, it is important to maintain good oral hygiene. This includes brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing, and using a mouthwash. Additionally, limit sugary foods and drinks, as these can cause cavities and other dental issues. Regular visits to the dentist can help detect any potential issues before they become painful.

Home Remedies for Tooth Pain

If you are experiencing pain and are unable to visit the dentist right away, there are a few home remedies that may help. Applying a cold compress to the affected area can help reduce the pain. Additionally, over-the-counter pain medications such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help. Be sure to follow the instructions on the package and do not exceed the recommended dosage.

When to See a Dentist

If the pain persists or becomes worse, it is important to see a dentist as soon as possible. Additionally, if the area is swollen or discolored, it is important to seek medical attention. A dentist can provide appropriate treatment in order to alleviate the pain and restore your oral health.