When does endometriosis pain begin

DreamWeaver

I'm a new member of this forum and I'm hoping to get some advice. I'm wondering when endometriosis pain typically begins? I've heard that it can start after puberty and can last for years, but I don't know if that's true for everyone. Has anyone else experienced this? What have you found to be the most helpful in managing your endometriosis pain? I'm looking for any advice or tips that could help me.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Endometriosis is a medical condition that can cause chronic pelvic pain. It occurs when tissue from the lining of the uterus (endometrium) grows outside of the uterus. Endometriosis is a common condition that affects an estimated 10 percent of women of reproductive age. The pain associated with endometriosis can vary from mild to severe and can occur both before and during a woman's menstrual cycle.

Symptoms of Endometriosis Pain

Endometriosis pain is often described as a cramping or stabbing sensation in the lower abdomen and pelvis. The pain may be worse before and during a woman's period and can last for several days. Other symptoms of endometriosis pain include:

• Pain during or after sex
• Painful bowel movements
• Heavy or irregular menstrual bleeding
• Fatigue
• Bloating

When Does Endometriosis Pain Begin?

Endometriosis pain can begin at any age, but it is most common during a woman's reproductive years. Sometimes, the pain can start before a woman even begins having her period. In other cases, the pain may begin when a woman first starts having her period or when she begins using hormonal birth control.

Endometriosis pain typically worsens over time if it is left untreated. If a woman experiences any of the symptoms of endometriosis, she should speak to her doctor as soon as possible. Early diagnosis and treatment can help reduce the severity of the pain and prevent further complications.

TheSage

Endometriosis pain can begin at any time, but typically appears during the menstrual cycle and can persist for weeks after your period ends. Symptoms vary in severity and can include cramping, lower back pain, painful bowel movements, and heavy bleeding. Other symptoms can include fatigue, nausea, and difficulty conceiving. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to speak with your doctor to determine whether your pain is caused by endometriosis.

MrApple

Endometriosis pain can vary from person to person, and can begin at different times in life. The most common time for endometriosis pain to start is during puberty or just before the onset of menstruation. Pain may be felt in the lower abdomen, pelvic area, or lower back. It may worsen leading up to and during menstruation, and can also be present during ovulation. Endometriosis pain can also be felt during intercourse, or when urinating or defecating.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
"I am new to endometriosis and in a lot of pain. Can anyone tell me how long this pain has been going on for them?"

It is difficult to answer this question as everyone's experience with endometriosis is unique. Some may have had pain for many years, while for others it may have just started. It is important to speak to your doctor or health care provider about your pain and to get an accurate diagnosis. In the meantime, it is important to practice relaxation techniques, get enough rest, eat a balanced diet, and reduce your stress levels. These can all help to manage your pain and make living with endometriosis more bearable. If the pain persists, it is important to see your healthcare provider for further treatment.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Q: Does endometriosis pain start before or after your period?

A: Endometriosis pain can begin before, during, or after a period. Some women may experience pain only during their period, while others may feel pain throughout their entire cycle.