What worsens anaemia

DreamWeaver

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some advice. I'm worried that my anaemia may be getting worse and I'm not sure what the cause might be. Can anyone help me understand what might be making my anaemia worse? Are there any lifestyle changes or treatment options that could help? I'd really appreciate any advice or insight you could share.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Anaemia and Diet

Poor dietary choices can worsen anaemia. Eating foods that are low in iron, vitamin B12, folate, and other essential vitamins and minerals can decrease red blood cell production and lead to anaemia. Eating processed foods, which are often low in these nutrients, can also contribute to anaemia. Eating a balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains can help improve anaemia.

Anaemia and Medications

Certain medications, such as antacids, can limit the absorption of iron and other essential vitamins and minerals, leading to anaemia. Additionally, some medications used to treat other conditions, such as cancer or HIV, can interfere with red blood cell production and lead to anaemia. It is important to talk to your doctor about any medications that could be interfering with the absorption of essential nutrients.

Anaemia and Chronic Diseases

Certain chronic diseases, such as HIV, cancer, and kidney disease, can lead to anaemia. These diseases can interfere with the body’s ability to produce red blood cells and absorb essential vitamins and minerals from the diet. Additionally, chronic diseases can lead to chronic inflammation, which can interfere with red blood cell production and lead to anaemia.

Anaemia and Blood Loss

Blood loss, whether due to injury, surgery, or a medical condition, can lead to anaemia. Blood loss can reduce the amount of red blood cells and essential vitamins and minerals in the body, leading to anaemia. It is important to seek medical treatment for any injury or condition that results in excessive blood loss.