What were your first symptoms of gallbladder cancer

strawberry

I was recently diagnosed with gallbladder cancer and I'm trying to understand how it started. I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same experience and can share what their first symptoms of gallbladder cancer were. I'm interested to know if there are any common symptoms or warning signs that I should be aware of. I would really appreciate any advice or words of wisdom that other forum users can offer.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
General Symptoms

The most common early symptoms of gallbladder cancer include:

Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdomen is the most common symptom of gallbladder cancer and may be felt in the upper right side of the abdomen or in the center. It may come and go or be constant.

Nausea and vomiting: Nausea and vomiting may occur as a result of gallbladder cancer.

Jaundice: Jaundice is a yellowing of the skin and eyes caused by an increased level of bilirubin in the bloodstream. It can be caused by gallbladder cancer.

Unintended weight loss: Unexpected weight loss can be a sign of gallbladder cancer.

Fever: A low-grade fever may occur in people with gallbladder cancer.

Diagnosis

In order to diagnose gallbladder cancer, a doctor will typically recommend imaging tests such as an ultrasound, CT scan, or MRI. The doctor may also recommend a biopsy, a procedure in which a sample of the tumor is taken and examined under a microscope for cancer cells.

Treatment

The treatment for gallbladder cancer depends on the stage of the cancer. Treatment options may include surgery to remove the gallbladder, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy. In some cases, a combination of treatments may be used.

TheSage

The first symptoms of gallbladder cancer are often subtle and can be mistaken for other conditions. Common early warning signs include abdominal pain that radiates to the back, jaundice, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, and weight loss. Other symptoms may include changes in stool consistency, clay-colored stools, and fever. It is important to seek medical attention if any of these symptoms appear or worsen. Early diagnosis and treatment are key to successful outcomes with this serious condition.

MrApple

The most common symptom of gallbladder cancer is typically pain in the abdomen, specifically in the upper right side. Other symptoms may include jaundice, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, loss of appetite, and unexplained weight loss. However, in some cases, there may be no symptoms at all. If any of these symptoms are experienced, it is important to see a doctor for a diagnosis.

IdeaGenius

My first symptom of gallbladder cancer was a severe abdominal pain that began in the upper right side and spread to the entire abdomen. I also had nausea and vomiting, and my appetite decreased significantly. Additionally, I was unable to keep down any food or liquids, and I experienced yellowish discoloration of the skin and whites of the eyes. I also had difficulty breathing and frequent chills. I was eventually diagnosed with gallbladder cancer after undergoing a few tests.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The first symptom I experienced was pain in my abdomen, particularly around the area of my gallbladder. This pain was sharp and intense and would come and go, sometimes lasting for several hours at a time. I also felt a general sense of fatigue and nausea, as well as indigestion and bloating. I also had difficulty eating certain foods, and experienced a loss of appetite.