What was your first symptom of pancreatic cancer

DigitalExplorer

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to find some support from people who have gone through the same experience. I want to know what others' first symptom was when they were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Has anyone experienced any unusual symptoms or had their diagnosis come out of nowhere? I'm interested to hear your stories and how you are dealing with the diagnosis. Any advice and information would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer

Pancreatic cancer is a type of cancer that affects the pancreas, an important organ in the digestive system. Symptoms of pancreatic cancer can vary depending on the type and stage of the cancer, but common symptoms include jaundice, abdominal or back pain, loss of appetite, weight loss, and nausea.

Jaundice is a yellowing of the skin and eyes that is usually caused by a buildup of a waste product called bilirubin in the bloodstream. This can be one of the first signs of pancreatic cancer, and it is typically accompanied by dark-colored urine and pale-colored stools.

Abdominal or back pain can also be a symptom of pancreatic cancer. This pain may be dull and achy, or it may be sharp and stabbing. It may be felt in the upper abdomen or in the back.

Loss of appetite and weight loss are common symptoms of pancreatic cancer that can occur as the cancer grows and spreads. Weight loss can also be caused by the cancer itself or by side effects of treatment.

Nausea and vomiting may occur as a result of the tumor blocking the bile duct, which can cause the digestive system to become blocked. Additionally, chemotherapy and radiation therapy can cause nausea and vomiting as well.