What vitamin deficiency causes rhinitis

DigitalExplorer

I'm looking for help understanding what vitamin deficiency is linked to causing rhinitis. I recently heard about this but I'm not sure how it works or what the best way is to address it. Does anyone have any information about this type of vitamin deficiency and how it can cause rhinitis? I'd really appreciate any insight or advice that anyone can offer.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Vitamin deficiencies are one of the most common causes of rhinitis. Vitamin A, B6, B12, and C deficiencies can all lead to rhinitis.

Vitamin A Deficiency and Rhinitis

Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that plays an important role in maintaining healthy eyes, skin, and immune system. A deficiency in vitamin A can lead to a variety of health problems, including rhinitis. Symptoms of rhinitis due to a vitamin A deficiency include a runny nose, a stuffy nose, sneezing, and post-nasal drip.

Fat-soluble vitamins are vitamins that can be stored in the body's fat cells and do not need to be taken daily.

Vitamin B6 and B12 Deficiencies and Rhinitis

Vitamin B6 and B12 are water-soluble vitamins that are essential for the production of red blood cells and for the metabolism of proteins. A deficiency in either of these vitamins can lead to rhinitis. Symptoms of rhinitis due to a vitamin B6 or B12 deficiency include a runny nose, a stuffy nose, sneezing, and post-nasal drip.

Water-soluble vitamins are vitamins that cannot be stored in the body and must be taken on a daily basis.

Vitamin C Deficiency and Rhinitis

Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is essential for the production of collagen, a protein that helps to form connective tissue in the body. A deficiency in vitamin C can lead to rhinitis. Symptoms of rhinitis due to a vitamin C deficiency include a runny nose, a stuffy nose, sneezing, and post-nasal drip.

Collagen is a protein that helps to form connective tissue in the body.