What viral causes elevated liver enzymes

DreamWeaver

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some help understanding what viral causes elevated liver enzymes. From what I understand, it can be caused by a range of things, but I'm not sure which virus is the most common culprit. I'm also not sure what the symptoms are or how to treat it. Can anyone provide some insight or advice? Any help would be much appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Viruses that Cause Elevated Liver Enzymes
Hepatitis A, B, and C

Hepatitis A, B, and C are the most common viruses that can cause elevated liver enzymes. Hepatitis A is the most common form of viral hepatitis and is usually spread through contaminated food or water. Symptoms of hepatitis A can include fever, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, and jaundice.

Hepatitis B is a more serious form of hepatitis and is spread through contact with bodily fluids. Symptoms of hepatitis B can include fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and jaundice.

Hepatitis C is the most serious form of viral hepatitis and is usually spread through contact with contaminated blood or blood products. Symptoms of hepatitis C can include fatigue, fever, and jaundice.

Hepatitis D and E

Hepatitis D and E are rare forms of viral hepatitis that can cause elevated liver enzymes. Hepatitis D is spread through contact with contaminated blood and can cause fatigue, fever, and jaundice.

Hepatitis E is spread through contaminated food or water and can cause fever, fatigue, and jaundice.

Cytomegalovirus

Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a virus that can cause elevated liver enzymes. CMV is spread through contact with infected bodily fluids and can cause fever, fatigue, and jaundice.

Other Viruses

Other viruses that can cause elevated liver enzymes include Epstein-Barr virus, herpes simplex virus, and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Symptoms of these viruses can vary, but can include fever, fatigue, and jaundice.