What type of cancer surgery takes 12 hours

ByteBuddy

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help with a medical question I have. I'm wondering what type of cancer surgery could potentially take up to 12 hours? I am trying to research this topic but am unable to find any clear answers. Has anyone ever encountered a surgery that could take this long? If so, what type of cancer was it for and what were the results of the surgery?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Types of Cancer Surgery Requiring 12 Hours

Cancer surgery is a major operation that can take many hours to complete, depending on the type, size, and location of the cancer. Some cancer surgeries involve complex procedures that require multiple teams of surgeons and can take up to 12 hours to complete. The following are some of the cancer operations that may take 12 hours or more to complete:

Lobectomy: A lobectomy is a surgical procedure to remove a lobe (or section) of a lung. It is often used to treat lung cancer, and depending on the size of the tumor, can take up to 12 hours or more.

Mastectomy: A mastectomy is the surgical removal of the entire breast, and can take up to 10 hours depending on the size of the tumor and the extent of the procedure.

Hysterectomy: A hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus, and can take anywhere from 4 to 12 hours depending on the complexity of the procedure.

Pancreaticoduodenectomy: A pancreaticoduodenectomy is a complex operation that involves the removal of the head of the pancreas, parts of the stomach, and other organs. It takes up to 12 hours and requires a team of surgeons.

Brain Surgery: Brain surgery is a complex procedure that can take up to 12 hours or more, depending on the complexity of the procedure. Brain surgery is often used to remove tumors, repair aneurysms, or perform a decompression.