What type of BPD is quiet

IdeaGenius

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for help understanding what type of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is characterized by quieter symptoms. I've heard that some types of BPD manifest more inwardly, but I'm not sure which type it is or what the symptoms of that type look like. Can anyone provide guidance or insight into this type of BPD? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a mental health disorder characterized by instability in moods, behavior, self-image, and functioning. While there is no one type of BPD, people with BPD can generally be divided into two categories: those who are more emotionally volatile and those who are more quiet and withdrawn.

The Emotionally Volatile Type of BPD

People with this type of BPD tend to be very emotionally reactive and impulsive. They may struggle with intense emotional reactions such as extreme anger, depression, or anxiety. They often engage in self-destructive behaviors such as substance use, self-harm, and risky sexual behavior. They may also have difficulty controlling their emotions and have intense and unstable relationships.

The Quiet and Withdrawn Type of BPD

People with this type of BPD tend to be more quiet and withdrawn. They may struggle with feelings of emptiness and loneliness, and have difficulty forming close relationships. They may have difficulty expressing their emotions and may feel disconnected from the world around them. They may also have difficulty managing their emotions, and may be prone to anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts.