What two enzyme levels increase with pancreatitis

strawberry

"Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some help. I'm trying to find out what two enzyme levels increase with pancreatitis. I understand that it's a type of inflammation of the pancreas, but I'm not sure which enzyme levels are affected.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cevap:
Pancreatitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the pancreas, a vital organ in the digestive system. It can be acute or chronic in nature and is usually caused by gallstones or excessive alcohol consumption. When pancreatitis occurs, two enzymes, amylase and lipase, are often found to be elevated in the blood.

Subtitle: Amylase

Amylase is an enzyme that helps to break down carbohydrates. It is primarily produced by the pancreas and salivary glands. When pancreatitis occurs, the pancreas becomes inflamed and produces more amylase than normal. This results in elevated amylase levels in the blood, which can be detected with a simple blood test.

Subtitle: Lipase

Lipase is an enzyme that helps to break down fats in the digestive system. It is produced by the pancreas and is released into the small intestine. When pancreatitis occurs, the pancreas becomes inflamed and produces more lipase than normal. This results in elevated lipase levels in the blood, which can be detected with a simple blood test.

Conclusion

In summary, the two enzymes that are often found to be elevated in the blood when pancreatitis occurs are amylase and lipase. Elevated levels of these enzymes can be detected with a simple blood test, and they can be used to help diagnose and monitor pancreatitis.