What triggers my allergic rhinitis

DreamWeaver

I suffer from allergic rhinitis and I'm struggling to figure out what's triggering it. Does anyone else have experience with this or know of any tips to help me manage it? I'm looking for advice from other forum users who may have gone through the same thing.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What is Allergic Rhinitis?

Allergic rhinitis is an inflammation of the mucous membranes in the nose that is caused by an allergic reaction to an airborne allergen, such as pollen, dust mites, mold, or pet dander. Symptoms of allergic rhinitis include sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, nasal congestion, and postnasal drip.

What Triggers Allergic Rhinitis?

Allergic rhinitis can be triggered by a variety of allergens, including:

• Pollen: Pollen from trees, grasses, and weeds can trigger an allergic rhinitis reaction.

• Dust mites: Dust mites are tiny organisms that live in household dust. They can cause an allergic reaction in some people.

• Mold: Mold can grow in damp areas in your home, such as bathrooms and basements. Allergic reactions to mold are common.

• Pet dander: Pet dander is the tiny particles of skin and fur that shed from the body of animals. It can cause an allergic reaction in some people.

How Can I Avoid Triggers of Allergic Rhinitis?

To reduce the chances of having an allergic reaction, it is important to avoid the triggers of allergic rhinitis. Here are some tips to help you avoid triggers:

• Stay indoors when pollen counts are high.

• Use air-conditioning to keep the air in your home clean.

• Use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter to reduce the amount of dust and dust mites in your home.

• Keep the humidity level in your home low to reduce the risk of mold growth.

• Have pets bathed regularly and kept out of the bedroom.

• Wear a dust mask when cleaning or doing other activities that could expose you to airborne allergens.

• Use a saline nasal spray or neti pot to help reduce inflammation and flush out any allergens that may be in your nose.

Following these tips can help you reduce the symptoms of allergic rhinitis and help you avoid triggers.