What test confirms allergic rhinitis

DigitalExplorer

I'm struggling to find out what test confirms allergic rhinitis and would really appreciate any help from the forum. I've been having symptoms of it for a while now (watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing and itching) and my doctor suggested that I might have it. I'm trying to find out what test I need in order to be sure, and I'm hoping someone on this forum might have some knowledge about what test confirms allergic rhinitis.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cevap: Allergic rhinitis can be diagnosed by a physical exam, a review of your medical history, and skin or blood tests. Skin tests involve exposing your skin to small amounts of allergens, such as pollen, dust mites, mold, pet dander, and certain foods. If your skin reacts with redness, swelling, or itching, you have a positive skin test result, which can help confirm a diagnosis of allergic rhinitis. Blood tests can also be used to measure the levels of immunoglobulin E (IgE), a type of antibody that your body produces in response to specific allergens. Elevated levels of IgE in your blood can be an indication of an allergic reaction.