What subtype of BPD is aggressive

ByteBuddy

I'm looking for help understanding more about Borderline Personality Disorder. I recently heard about a subtype of BPD that is aggressive, but I'm not sure what it's called or how it is different from other types. Can anyone provide any information or resources on this subtype of BPD? Any help would be much appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The subtype of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) that is characterized by aggressive behavior is known as the "Impulsive Aggressive" subtype. This subtype is marked by an inability to control one's emotions and behaviors, often leading to outbursts and aggressive behavior. People with this subtype may have difficulty regulating their emotions, and may be prone to impulsive or rash decision-making. They may also engage in destructive behavior, such as substance abuse, binge eating, or self-harming tendencies.

People with the Impulsive Aggressive subtype of BPD are often highly sensitive to perceived criticism, and may become easily agitated or quick to anger. They may also display hostile behavior, such as verbal and physical aggression, and may be prone to physical outbursts. They may also display extreme mood swings, and may have difficulty maintaining relationships.

It is important to note that not all people with BPD will display aggressive behavior. However, it is important to be aware of the signs and symptoms of this subtype in order to seek appropriate treatment. Treatment for this subtype of BPD may include cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and psychotropic medications.